Ten Reasons to Get AUTEL MAXISYS MS906:
Complete Diagnostic Functions for All Systems
With a wide range of capabilities, the MS906 will let you get more repair work done quickly and easily. Look what this diagnostic scan tool will bring to you.
Perform Complete Diagnostic Functions
1. Retrieve ECU information of tested control units including unit type, version numbers and other specifications;
2. Read all kinds of DTCs from vehicle's control systems to locate problem areas, and offer possible solutions;
3. Erase the codes easily after DTCs retrieving and certain repairs have been carried out;
4. Live data of each parameter item displayed in analog, text, waveform graph, digital, or full screen display modes;
5. Active test used to access vehicle-specific subsystem and component tests.
In All Vehicle Systems on the ECUs
The diagnostic tool can access to ALL vehicle systems and subsystems, such as Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Network and etc., to perform a comprehensive scanning on ECUs to locate fault systems and retrieve DTCs.
The Active Test function is used to access vehicle-specific subsystem and component tests. Available test varies by manufacturer, year, and model, and only the available tests display in the menu. During an active test, the tester outputs commands to the ECU in order to drive the actuators. This test determines the integrity of the system or parts by reading the engine ECU data, or by monitoring the operation of the actuators, such as switching a solenoid, relay, or switch, between two operating states.
1. Oil Reset Service to reset service mileage and service intervals for the Engine Oil Life system;
2. TPMS Service to look up the tire sensor IDs from ECU, as well as to perform TPMS programming and reset procedures after sensor replacements;
3. EPB Service to deactivate and activate the brake control system, assist with brake fluid control, open and close brake pads, and set brakes after disc or pad replacement, etc.;
4. ABS/SRS Services to perform bi-directional tests to check the operating conditions of ABS and SRS, such as Automated Bleeding, Pump Motor Test, and checking Module information, etc.;
5. SAS Service to perform calibration for the Steering Angle Sensor, and clear fault memory;
6. DPF Regeneration Service to clear the blockage through the continuous burning of the particulate matter captured in the DPF filter
7. BMS Service performs a reset on the vehicle battery for clearing the fault information and re-match the battery;
8. Brake Bleed performs various bi-directional tests to check the operating conditions of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and turn off the warning light;
9. IMMO Service clear the lost car key's information and program the new key into the ECU database to protect user's car from being stolen;
10. Injector Coding writes the new code to the ECU after replacement of injector, so that the injector works;
11. Throttle Adaptation initialize the throttle actuators to the default state for regulating throttle (or idle engine) operations accurately;
14.CHG tire size
16.WIN DR ROOF
Optional Accessories for Maximized Advantage of this Scanner
To help you get the most from MS906, there are many optional accessories to work with the diagnostic tablet. This diagnostic scanner offers you more potential functions of TPMS diagnostics when working with the TPMS diagnostic tool MaxiTPMS TS401 from Autel.
Combined with other products, MS906 can not only retrieve tire sensor IDs from ECU, perform TPMS programming and reset procedures, but can activate sensor, retrieve data, and program Autel MX –sensors.
1. Activate all magnetic, frequency, and tire deflation triggered sensors used on vehicle TPMS;
2. Retrieve sensor data including sensor ID, tire pressure, temperature, battery condition and modulation;
3. Manual input OE ID into MX-sensor, and program MX-Sensor by auto creating sensor ID.
Wide Vehicle Coverage
This diagnostic scan tool works on more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes, and well combines with up to 12 kinds of adapters included in package. Even OBD-I compliant vehicles are perfectly supported by this diagnostic scanner when connecting via these adapters. Get one diagnostic scanner, and you can diagnose much more vehicles than using other diagnostic scan tools.
The supported brands are as follows: Abarth, Acura, Alfa, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dodge, Dacia, Daihatsu, Fiat, Ford, GM, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lancia, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW, etc.
Autel Maxisys MS906 Features:
|All Systems DTC Scan||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Auto VIN Technology||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
MaxiFix Cloud-Based Info System
|Pre-scan Report & Post-scan Report||North America Only||--||North America Only||North America Only||√||North America Only||North America Only|
|Wireless VCI||MaxiFlash Elite||MaxiFlash Elite||MaxiFlash Elite||Wireless Diagnostic
|MaxiVCI V100||MaxiVCI V100||--|
|Battery Life||15400 mAh 3.7 V||11000 mAh 3.7 V||11000 mAh 3.7 V||11000 mAh 3.7 V||10000 mAh 3.7 V||10000 mAh 3.7 V||5000 mAh 3.7 V|
I am going to invest in some scan tools and finally came across Autel MaxiSys MS906 automotive diagnostic Scan Tool online recently.
Before buying it, I haven't heard much about this model but I know another shop owner nearby that has the Autel DS708 scan tool, he has nothing but good things to say about it.
According to the product description, MS906 is a better replacement of DS708. So you know, after much research, I took the plunge and bought it from uobdii.com within a promotion.
Why I need a professional diagnostic tool?
I'm a small auto repair shop owner, most of my customers have cars less than 10 years old.
So I needed a scan tool that can perform every aspect of auto repair, no matter what difficult my customer has.
From item page description, it looked like that Maxisys MS906 Scanner could do the job.
When The Delivery Arrived?
I received the package 5 days after order, it was well wrapped but looked a little beat up from the many miles travel to get to me. Once I got it opened, I was impressed by the hefty, black plastic carrying case.
There are over a dozen make-specific connectors clipped into the lid (quite ingenious, actually, to use that otherwise empty space) as well as 3 books(User Manual, Quick reference guide, package list) and the cable in the bottom. The MS906 Autel diagnostic scanner was strapped in with a Velcro strap, protecting it from being damaged not only during shipping but in everyday use as well.
First Time Using Autel MS906
Being that the Autel MaxiSYS MS906 was expected do everything as the dealer-specific scanners, I decided to check out a customer's engine light on their Ford Escape.
Like other professional scan tool, you have to connect the cable just like a computer cable with those little screws before use it, I plugged the scan tool in then power up the MS906.
I pressed the button and the screen lit up. It was only a few seconds until the main screen was displayed, and it really didn't take long at all to figure out how to check the code. I scrolled through to the Ford button, pressed it, and pressed the “EOBD” or engine light icon. It literally walks you through the process to read the codes, and I found out the Escape needed an upstream oxygen sensor.
Out of curiosity, while I was checking the scanner out, I looked at the MaxiFix tab and was astonished to see that there was diagnostic and repair information for virtually every make and model out there. Just because I was curious, I looked up the upstream oxygen sensor procedure for my customer's Ford Escape, and it looks to be correct.
Definitely, this information will come in handy.
This is really a Good Stuff
The Autel MaxiSys MS906 scanner has so many features that some are bound to be extremely useful.
It has Smart AutoVIN which will detect the VIN number number from your car's ECU most of the time. If it can't recognize it, you can manually enter it easily. It can perform functions most shop owners farm out to the dealership like key programming and ECU programming, and it's even capable of programming tire pressure monitor sensors if you buy the adapter with it.
Like I said before, it's intuitive for basic functions like checking codes and has a massive 8-inch color touch screen. You'll need to connect it to Wifi, but once you do you have access to online resources, remote support, and updates. Updates come free for a year for the MS906 according to the website but I haven't tried it yet.
Great For the Pros
To wrap things up, I'd give the Autel MaxiSYS technician thumbs up. It performs great for everything I've needed it for and should for the foreseeable future. If you're a home mechanic, save your money and get something cheaper as this one is way overkill. If you're a small to medium-sized workshop, you'll be satisfied with Autel MaxiSys MS906 Scanner.